1.10.2012

2012

I don't make resolutions but I have sort of one for January. Really it's more of a list of to do's in January.

We have had a few important-ish things we've needed to get done since we've moved to Seattle but kept skipping and opting for the fun stuff instead. Now since the weather is colder and mushier we are running out of excuses. I'm determined to get it all done this January.

My mom always wrote out chores on slips of paper and tossed them into a basket. Then us 4 kids would pull one out, do it, then pull out another, etc. until they were all done. We actually found this fun! Especially when doing it to Whitney Houston playing throughout the house. BUT she always put in fun ones like jump on the bed and sing twinkle twinkle little star.  (she knew how to trap us into thinking it was fun!)

So I added a few things that I really want to do. I'm hoping I can trick myself into thinking it is fun...Maybe I'll need a little Whitney to get me moving :)

I really miss living with my whole family, all 6 of us. Christmas is the only time it ever feels even and inkling of the same. I miss the spontaneous games, perfume fights, late nights talking on each other's beds. It hurts to know it won't be like that again- and like any good teenager I didn't appreciate when I was still there. I ache remembering spinning around the living room together to music. So if I did have a New Year's Resolution it would be to skype them more. When I get home from work I never want to dive into the ordeal but I really want to get over myself and work on keeping the connections I cherish with them.

ooo... and this is the really cute window display I helped make with work for a competition. We made it out of recycled bags. I think it's really cute

3 comments:

  1. OOOOOOooooo i wanna dance with somebody, i wanna feel the heat with somebooooodaaaaaaay ;)

    i used to listen to whitney in the cgc on repeat.
    good luck with the list! i should really make one, work seems to consume all of my time otherwise....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10.1.12

    Hmmm, what I got from this blog...make a chore grab bag for my kids...have a deodorant fight with my boys...dig through my garbage and put it on my window with a word that makes me smile.
    Love your blog.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Oh Keith you make me laugh. And perfume fights are the best because then when they go to bed they are irritated all night by the smell of your dollar store spray- sibling love

    ReplyDelete