10.11.2012

Lavendar Honey Cupcakes




I've had lavendar honey cupcakes on my to do list ever since we went to the lavendar farm
I've had it stuck in my head that a less sweet lavendar cupcake needed to have a honey buttercream frosting, I finally made them and I'm thinking I was right. The sweetness of the frosting uplifted the cupcake and they are so so pretty!!!


Lavendar Cupcake:

makes 12 cupcakes

1/2 cup butter; room temp
1 cup sugar
2 eggs; room temp
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 tbs lavendar buds
2/3 cup milk

preheat oven 350 degrees F
1     beat the butter and sugar together until well mixed
2     beat in the eggs 1 at a time
3     and beat in the vanilla
4     in another bowl mix together flour, powder, salt
5     chop the lavendar buds until the are well ground, I used a large knife and drug
       the buds with the edge of a knife across the cutting board and that gave fast results,
       or of course a mortar and pestle
6     mix in the lavendar with the flour
7     pour 1/3 flour mixture into butter, mix until incorporated
8     stir in 1/3 cup milk
9     then 1/3 flour, 1/3 milk, 1/3 flour
10   scoop about 1/4 cup batter into cupcake tin and bake for 18-22 minutes, toothpick
       comes out clean


Honey Buttercream Frosting:

1 cup butter; room temp
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbs milk

1     whip butter until light and fluffy
2     beat in honey
3     beat in powdered sugar
4     beat in milk
5     put icing in icing bag with a flower tip (so the drizzled honey has somewhere to catch

then ice the top of the cupcakes
drizzle honey on top of each
and sprinkle with just a few lavendar buds!



mini's for taste testing before giving them to people- a must




Serioulsy aren't they gorgeous, I love their simplicity
decorating cupcakes with what is inside them is my favorite


No comments:

Post a Comment