2.16.2016

Galentine's Day


 
I had the pleasure of spending Friday evening with my friend Liz. We had a Galentine's day evening. We wore pink and snuck in just under happy hour ending to snag sparkling rose that matched our outfits. The evening consisted of truffle fries, truffle mac & cheese, and a grilled salad for good measure. We sat at our little high table for quite a while talking and laughing. One of those nights where you'd be okay if it didn't end and the whole thing somehow works out to be just perfect.
 
To round it out we grabbed the best chocolate cake I've ever had in my whole life. I take cake seriously and I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it. Generally I don't even like chocolate cake! One was chocolate cake with the creamiest most perfect white chocolate frosting and the other had a decadent caramel frosting. It was extremely hard to stop once I was stuffed and not just go for it and finish it anyways. It's from Simply Dessert in Fremont and it's open until 11pm. I promise I will ride my bike to this place late one night in the oncoming weeks.
 
Lovely lovely time with a lovely lovely woman!

 
Leslie Knope on Galentine's Day- "Ladies celebrating ladies. It's like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas."

No comments:

Post a Comment