2.11.2016

Rosewater & Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats

 
 
In honor of the oncoming Valentine's Day I wanted to make something unexpected. But, looking in my kitchen I didn't have the ingredients to really make anything, anything except marshmallows that is. I also spotted my rosewater and I love any excuse to put a few drops of that in so rosewater marshmallows were born.
 
I popped one in my mouth and it was super delicious but it felt lonely. So then pistachio rice krispie treats with rosewater marshmallows came to be. The light pink color of the marshmallows shows up in the rice krispie treats and I love the small flecks of pistachio within. They turned out adorable and most importantly delicious. Now I'm off to share them!
 
 
Rosewater & Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats:
4 cups rosewater marshmallows, recipe below
1box Rice Krispie cereal
1/2 cup crushed pistachios
6 tbs butter
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz white chocolate
1/2 cup pistachio crumbles for decorating

1   cut piece of parchment to overhang sides of 9x13 pan. Coat with coconut oil
2   in a pot melt butter and marshmallows, stir until combined
3   pour Rice Krispies into large bowl, our marshmallow mixture over top, add salt and pistachios.
4   Carefully stir it all together and press into prepared pan with an oil greased wooden spoon
5   let sit until set, 30-60 minutes
6   Pull out of pan by parchment and cut into 2"x3" bars
7   Over a double broiler melt the white chocolate. Dunk one end of each bar into the chocolate, place on parchment paper, sprinkle each with pistachio crumbles. Let dry.


Rosewater Marshmallows:
1/2 ounce unflavored gelatin (2 packets)
1/2 cup cold water
2 egg whites
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp rose water
1 drop red food coloring

1  cut piece of parchment to overhang sides of 9x13 pan. Coat with oil and shake in cornstarch or powdered sugar to cover
2  in a small bowl put 1/2 cup water and sprinkle gelatin over top, set aside
3   In a large mixer bowl whip 2 egg whites until soft peaks form,set aside
4   In a saucepan,over medium-high heat, place 1/2 cup water in and add sugar. Stir until sugar is melted, brush sides of pan with water and let come to a boil. Simmer until mixture is at 250 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
5   Remove from heat and whisk in gelatin mixture until melted
6  with mixer on medium, pour sugar mixture slowly down the sides of the bowl until it is all incorprated. Then mix in rosewater and food coloring.
7   Immediately pour into prepared pan and smooth out. Let sit for overnight or at least 4 hours, until set
8   Cut with a warm knife into 1" cubes




1 comment:

  1. These look so delicious. I wish I was as good as you at looking at my ingredients and coming up with something to make. I always eat grilled cheese and pasta. :( Can I have you ship a box to me? ;)

    ReplyDelete