9.20.2018

Alvord Desert


Joshua did a great job planning the road trip, free camping spots, route, etc. But he also threw in some roads along the way just because they were scenic or kept us off the highway. I can appreciate that, but it also made it take longer to get everywhere. I complained that I wanted to go to a destination not just drive scenic roads covered in the landscape I am already used to seeing. He must have thought "challenge accepted"  because not too long after my request he took us down a gravel road and drove Walter out onto an all white, dry lake bed.

It was stunning and expansive and very cool that you can just drive all over it. Sadly, it was also very hot so we didn't stay too long but we did run around in awe for awhile. Nothing to complain about in this beautiful spot. I started to trust him a bit more after this. No one can find a treasure of a hike or pit stop like him.






1 comment: