7.18.2011

1 month anniversary = homeade Skyline Chili










 We made it 1 month down! Josh had to work late and since it was my first day at my job I got home early. I made us Skyline- which meant a really expensive trip to the grocery store. Spices'll rob ya.
But it tasted pretty close to the real thing and it made us feel all happy and Cincinnati-ish. Then we went to the second closest food place to us- Full Tilt which makes homeade ice cream (Dangerous? Of course!) Lemon marshmallow, maple, oreo coffee, and chocolate orange. One month- we think it has gone by fast. But we sill miss everyone a lot and ask you to keep us in your prayers that we can find community and listen to God to see what he wants us to be for his kingdom in Seattle.
I sifted through many! skyline recipe's online until I found this one. I made it on one of my co-ops for a chili competition. Now I'm so glad I found this one because it is so close! We are gonna make some and make skyline dip sometime to convince the west coast that it is deserving as Best Chili Ever!

This is the recipe, I don't remember where it is from- promise it's the best one!!!:
1 onion chopped, 1 lb. ground beef, 1 clove garlic minced, 1 tbs. chili powder, 1 tsp. ground allspice, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. red cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder, 15 oz. tomato sauce, 1 tbs. cider vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 16 oz. spaghetti, cheese
1. In large frying pan saute onion, ground beef, chili powder until slightly cooked.
2. Add everything else.
3. Reduce heat to low & simmer uncovered 1 1/2 hours.
4. serve over cooked spaghetti.
5. enjoy a little taste of Cincinnati.


No comments:

Post a Comment