3.15.2013

My own little terrariums

I know they're hipster and I know I'll probably kill them in a few days BUT I love them. I think they're so cute. They are their own little world wrapped in glass. I think they seem peaceful and fun.
 So I went on Etsy and
-bought some clippings of succulents (because they're cheaper),
-bought some of the cheapest glass jars I could find but also knew I'd reuse if I killed them
 (fingers crossed I don't)
-and then bought some succulent soil,
-charcoal
-and went rock picking

Then I assembled it all on sunnyish day and took tons of photos because I love them :)


step 1 put in a few rocks at the bottom


step 2 add some charcoal so that a fungus doesn't grow and kill them


step 3 fill your jar about 1/3 full of succlent dirt

step 4 add in your succulents


step 5 add some rocks or wood people to your terrarium tops :)

step 6 close it up and stare at it for hours


step 7 place them in your home where they will get indirect sunlight


seriously I'm so proud :)


1 comment:

  1. Those are ADORABLE! I love the containers too!

    ReplyDelete