2.05.2015

Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms over Seared Polenta Patties

 
I've had quinoa polenta sitting in our pantry thing for awhile now and I saw a recipe in one of my cookbooks that inspired the dish above. I've been trying to open my cookbooks more recently, and it has been really fun. Even though I rarely follow one all the way through they inspire me A LOT, plus pretty pictures make me want to cook. This one was a winner, so so delicious!

 
6-8 mini Portobello mushrooms; cut in half
1 tsp thyme; roughly chopped
2 tbs parsley; roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic; minced
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 package polenta (I used a quinoa polenta); cut into 1/4" slices
10-12 Brussels sprouts; pull the leaves off
2 handfuls of microgreen sprouts
1/4 cup shaved pecorino cheese


1    marinate the mushrooms with the thyme, parsley, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and vegetable stock for 1 hour or up to overnight in the fridge
2    put some oil into a pan and turn it on medium heat. Add in the polenta slices (about 4 at a time) Cook until lightly browned on one side and flip them over (about 2-3 minutes on each side)
3    while the polenta is cooking heat the mushrooms in a pan and sauté until soft (6-7 minutes)
4    once the mushrooms and polenta are almost done put a little oil in a pan on medium-high and toss in the Brussels sprout leaves, toast them for a few minutes so they're not raw and remove from heat
5    plate some microgreen sprouts on the bottom of each plate to serve as the bed, then layer on 3-4 polenta slices, top with mushrooms and drizzle on some sauce, sprinkle on a handful of toasted Brussels sprout leaves and finish with some cheese





No comments:

Post a Comment