5.28.2015

Birthday : 27

birthday necklace, shirt & flowers
 
This year on the 26th I turned 27. This one kind of snuck up on me, I didn't have any strong feelings about it or many expectations. But this year it was on a Tuesday, instead of Memorial Day weekend! Weekday birthdays are always my favorite!

At midnight after our hike Joshua put candles in cookies sang to me. The next morning I got donuts & coffee. Went to lunch with my coworkers and had a cute happy birthday banner hung up by another. Little cards & chocolate bars delivered. I got to talk to my whole family in one day, favorite part. Got my necklaces from Joshua we picked out in Barcelona. Hubs stood at the bottom of the stairs after I got all dressed up and cheesy grinned at me while holding orange flowers. We went to dinner and got warm bread and wine with dinner where I read a very long love letter he wrote me, and teared up at the table which we followed with a pitcher of sangria at a favorite spot.

All little things, all simple but it was my best birthday in awhile. I felt seen and loved and remembered. Thank you! It's so uplifting when a day feels that way and I'm so appreciative of it. I want to remember that, remember that even if only 2 of those small things had happened Tuesday I would have felt special & loved, I want to remember that I can easily do those simple things for other people any day. Thank you all for the beautiful day, I hope I can learn from you.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I'm so glad you had a great birthday! I love that picture of you! It's so candid!

    ReplyDelete