11.15.2011

Padre in Seattle-Baking

Just put my dad on the link to get to the airport. I'm a lot sadder than I thought I'd be. Joshua and I were so glad he could visit and we all had a really great time.

We left him at home when I went to work on Friday but then I got home and my dad and I got to work on making challah bread for our Sunday breakfast. My dad likes to cook and I mostly have always remembered him as the one in charge of making the bread. It made our house smell so good. I had never made it with him before and we had a really good time.
He looked up videos on how to braid the bread and I made the dough.
He was also excited to meet Agatha!

Since our apartment was cold my dad had a great tip of turning the oven on low and then off and placing the covered dough inside the oven- the trick worked!
While we waited for the dough to rise we took a trip over Gasworks Park. (He has been to Seattle before for business and has seen the city from Alki Beach but we wanted to show him our favorite view)

Wearing what my sister named my babushka


 Then we went back home and braided and baked the loaves- while the hubs took photos :)

Also we grabbed Indian for dinner- the 3 of us are obsessed so it was an easy choice.

O and it hailed! they were pretty big

I feel very blessed to have a husband and Father that get along so well. They are both goofier than they first let of and very nerdy at the same time. It was funny to hang out with just boys all weekend- They picked on me :) But mostly we laughed took pictures of everything (which my dad was very patient for- my mom does it to him too!), and ran around in the rain


Stay tuned for EXPLORING, HISTORY, FEASTING, PLAYING adventures!!!

And our bread turned out fantastic!! I've never had challah (egg bread) before but we got to use our new quality honey and it made such a fantastic bread! We froze the other loaf to make more stuffed french toast next weekend! The recipe will be in the post with the stuffed french toast.

5 comments:

  1. That's so great that your dad was able to come visit you! It seems like you had a good time!

    When I come visit lets bake lots of things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come visit there will definatley be baking! It'll be sweet!-(pun)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous15.11.11

    Oh yumm... My mouth watered with that bread. Will come back for the recipe.

    p.s. you look so cute bundled up

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Challah bread is my favorite! Especially with some hummus.
    2. I think it's awesome that you and your dad cook together!
    3. You are so lucky your hubby and dad get along. Mine don't. Trust me, you are very lucky! LOL

    -Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha yes I promise I do truly feel blessed about that. Hummus... will have to try that with the leftovers, thanks

    ReplyDelete