12.20.2011

6-versary! 6-versary! 6-versary!



We made it to 1/2 a year being married! We have been talking about it since 5-versary. Some people laughed when I told them what we were doing/celebrating this weekend, and no 6 months isn't that long but it is something to celebrate! We're really proud of ourselves and how we're figuring things out- even silly things like a laundry schedule and how much hubs hates crumbs (He hates them a lot!)
Being happily married is always something to celebrate, no matter how short or long it has been.
When we were eating dinner Joshua said he is really happy with his life right now and that he loves knowing I'm there. I'll celebrate that anytime...










We slept in late on Sunday
& celebrated with brunch at a place I had brought him before when he visited me in Seattle-
they have amazing food and real cream for your coffee.
Plus they have a dessert tray- which we totally gave into.

Then we decorated our sugar Christmas cookies! I was so excited that Joshua got into it. He likes doing it and he knows I miss home and that making these cookies meant a lot to me.
(I'll show photos in another post - they are adorable!!!!!)

Then we made dinner- red mashed potatoes and homeade meatballs in a mushroom gravy yummmmm
Potatoes were a little soupy but who cares it's 6-versary!

Finally we ended the night biking to the movies, getting popcorn and seeing Sherlock Holmes II! We stayed out until 1am on a work night- oh yeah!

hehe
A day to ourselves, not feeling bad about ignoring the rest of the world, was perfect before the crazy weekend ahead of going home to Cincinnati and trying to fit everything in!

2 comments: