12.20.2011

Christmas COOKIES!!!

Agatha helping in the holiday spirit



the odd colored one is the cookie cutter my mom sent with me :)


my new trick






our decked out cookies!!

hubs married cookie


hubs argyle and mustache/pants angel
This year we wanted to give cookies to our neighbors and bring some into work so we had a lot to make!
We ended up with thin mints, gingerbread, buckeyes, kiss cookies, white powder balls, and sugar cookies

My madre always makes tons of cookies and the kids usually help. But making all the dough and icing myself this year I have to tip my hat off to her. It is a lot of work! And a whole lot more cleaning! Plus she always had dinner done- I told hubs to eat cheese and crackers :)

But we finally finished them all on Sunday. I took some to work on Monday for a white elephant gift exchange and then we'll go home and pass them around to the neighbors. I feel like meeting people in an apartment building can be really hard, but truly a blessing if you manage to do it. Who doesn't love neighbor friends! So Christmas cookies seem like the perfect way to help us in this endeavor!

The sugar cookies are the same ones my mom makes every year. We have tons of shapes and colors, I made my own cookie cutters, since they are all hers. But it was fun to see what my shapes looked like once they baked.

We had a blast decorating them, except hubs kept breaking off snowman's heads! But like my dad says- then you get to eat it! We made mustaches, hubs made tuxedo's and plaid on angels (I don't get it either but he kept giggling while doing it)
Plus my madre always made stocking shaped cookies with our names written on them in icing. So we both demanded we have a name cookie so we wrote on the ornaments- hubs was adorable and made a married cookie :) We even made some with our work names/logos on them to bring in.

Now hopefully we can get them all out to people before Joshua eats the rest of the thin mint ones!
Plus now we have breakfast all week - sugar cookies, hehe, my mom always said it was okay so I'm going with it!


cookie trays all ready to be delivered!

No comments:

Post a Comment