1.20.2012

12 hour sunsets

I don't remember the site but there was a post on how Seattle is better than your city. It gave me a chuckle a few mornings ago. But one of the ones I like the best was when it said something to the tune of- yeah well our city has 12 hour sunsets.

It's funny because some days it feels like we do, if the sun is out for 12 hours, probably more like 8.
But the sky is a pretty pink in the morning and then fades through to a happy blue but by the afternoon the happy blue still feels like a morning sky. And since the sun is gone by  4:30-5ish the sunsets start early. Plus they feel so much longer and more consuming than in Cincinnati. The sunsets happen overtop of you instead of only at an unreachable distance. Plus the hot pink is unreal!

One day I brought my camera to work and took snapshots throughout the day- our office has the BEST views!

8-12 hour sunset- go:





photo by Christi Mosher from work... I didn't have my camera on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment