1.11.2012

Pesto Pasta Walnut Salad

I have nothing against sandwiches but hubs and I tend to tire of them for lunch after a few weeks. We don't want to go out to lunch every day either, and we want it to have some nutritional value.
So one day I got this pasta thing from the cafe downstairs and wrote down the ingredients and decided to remake it- with my own spin.
 So we made a bunch and now we have a great lunch for this week already made!





Pesto Pasta Walnut Salad

1 jar pesto
1 box of cooked shells noodles
5-7 kale leaves; chopped
1/2 cup parmesan; grated
1-1 1/2 cups walnuts
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
salt and pepper
grape tomatoes

1   throw all of it in a bowl and mix it together!
It's yummy! Much more exciting than another sandwich! Would be good to take to a potluck or picnic as well!

Makes about 6 servings

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy. I am in LOVE with pesto.

    ReplyDelete