10.30.2014

Sick Day soup

 
Last week it seems everyone passed around some kind of bug at my work, seriously gross I know. I wanted to wear Joshua's sweatpants and watch Center Stage all day, but I also really wanted a delicious chicken noodle soup. So I bought one of those hearty Campbell's chicken noodles soups, heat it up, and could barely stand it. So then and there I set out to make a noodle soup that actually made my mouth and body feel the warm steamy savory way that I wanted it to. This veggie noodle soup turned out the be really delicious! I ended up doubling it and we kept reheating some for dinner, Joshua already asked to make it again.

Veggie Noodle Soup:
serves 4 full bowls, 6 as a side

2 tbs butter
3 carrots; diced
3 celery stalks; diced
1/2 onion; diced
2 shallots; diced
4 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4-6 oz pasta (I used angel hair pasta)
6 oz baked tofu; diced (I love Trader Joe's savory baked tofu)
2 cups kale; roughly chopped

1   in a large pot melt the butter and sauté the carrots, celery, onion and shallots for 3-5 minutes
2   the mix in the broth, water and spices, bring to a boil
3   put the pasta, tofu, and kale into the pot and simmer until the pasta is cooked
4   ladle into large bowls and top with your desired addition of salt and pepper

(we had fun eating it pho style with chopsticks and soup spoons)



No comments:

Post a Comment