8.24.2016

River Floatin'

 
Saturday in Seattle was HOT, it had been hot all week. So we brought along our newly acquired donut floaties and drove until we found water. We drove out toward Darrington to the Sauk River and started scoping out spots. Ideally we wanted to escape the heat and crowds of people, as we knew many would also flock to the water like us. Eventually we found a dirt road along the water and grabbed a spot.

The water was quite chilly but so so lovely too. We brought a little cooler of beer and floated our donuts over baby baby rapids for awhile. Moved along to a spot with more deep open water and a sandy spot after that to float down the river more.

 
Ended the day with a milkshake and fries at the same place we stopped at last weekend. I'm pretty sure I've had a burger, fries, and milkshake at least once a weekend for the last 4 weekends, I've decided I'm okay with that.







1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I NEED to visit you in the summer so we can do this. As soon as I move back to the US I'm buying a donut floaty!

    ReplyDelete