3.19.2012

Chick Pea Salad

Hubs and I are getting really REALLY tired of sandwiches again so I took inspiration from a dish one of our friends brought to small group and tried to make something easy and healthy.





It ended up being really delicious and Josh asked if we could make it again this week.

Chick Pea Salad:

2 cans Chick Peas/Garbonzo beans; drained and rinsed
1 red pepper; diced
1/2-1 red onion; diced (based on preference)
2 stalks of celery & leaves; diced
about 10-15 kalamata olives; diced
1 jalapeno; minced
2 cloves of garlic; minced and smashed (can just use the back of a spoon to make it more like a paste)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp S&P
3 tbs olive oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4-1/2 cup cilantro (I used 3 trader joe's frozen cilantro cubes)

1   mix all the veggies, beans and spices together in a large bowl
2   in a small bowl mix the olive oil, vinegar, and cilantro and whisk together
3   pour the oil into the veggie mix and stir well

makes about 6 side servings for lunches
or 3-4 whole lunches

store in the refrigerator, should be good for about a week

Enjoy- it's has bunches of good protein in it!

1 comment:

  1. My roommate makes this all the time! I'm always jealous but too lazy to ask how to make it. Thanks for posting the recipe, I'll have to actually try it myself now!

    ReplyDelete