9.22.2014

Mountains, Cake, Celebration!


 
 
We got to celebrate two lovely friends this weekend! They had a property with 3 swanky houses out in Leavenworth the party took place on. It was on the Wenatchee river with salmon jumping from the water, a nice big hot tub, and full of lots of good people.
 
And they asked me to make their wedding cake, which was a huge honor & I was shocked for at least a few months after she asked me! So I spent Thursday night hand grating 60 carrots, making runs for more eggs mid batter and knocking out 3-12" and 3-9" layers of carrot cake. On Friday we drove out and I iced the mountain cake and topped off the peaks with some glitter (we were in the mountains and they also got engaged on a mountain hike, so cute) Then on Saturday I, very very nervously assembled the cream cheese frosted cake outside atop a cute bed of ferns and greenery from the site. And I LOVE IT! I think it turned out beautifully and I'm so thankful that they gave me freedom and trust to just go with it. Plus I have to say it turned out to taste quite yummy. I was thinking I was done with carrot cake forever but after eating it, I may cave and make it again :)
 
 


 As for the rest of the wedding- it was touching, beautiful, full of the people they love (we all made the food the night before, set up the venue and it all felt full of people that love them hanging out and chopping and flower arranging all Friday) Ashley was stunning!!! Adam looked so fly in his navy suit and we danced the night away!






my little helper, Adam's niece

jumping in the river


No comments:

Post a Comment