9.18.2014

Chanterelle Gnocchi

I've finally snagged some time to cook homemade dinner the past few nights! The night before I made cast iron salmon, mixed mashed potatoes with jalapeno & cheese, and green beans from my bosses garden. We felt so fancy, our meals are almost always a one skillet affair.

Then last night I wanted to use the adorable chanterelle mushrooms I'd picked up! They're in all the stores right now and I had to snag some. I wanted a dish that showcased them but also would take almost no time. This one fit the bill!

Chanterelle Gnocchi:

gnocchi for 2 (trader joe's has the best!)
12-15 chanterelle mushrooms
1 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
shallot; sliced
1/2 jalapeno; minced
salt to taste
pepper to taste
asiago cheese; grated

1   boil a pot of water
2   heat skillet and melt butter with olive oil
3   sauté shallots and jalapenos for 2-3 minutes
4   then add in mushrooms for 6-7 minutes
5   boil gnocchi until it floats 2-3 minutes
6   place gnocchi on plates and top with mushroom mixture
7   top with salt and pepper and some cheese

So simple, but so so so very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment