4.28.2016

Game of Thrones Cookies

 
On Sunday some friends had a Game of Thrones viewing party. I had some time to spare so I wanted to make some themed cookies. Sadly as I had already beaten the butter I realized I had no eggs! Lucky for me the internet has plenty of no egg sugar cookie recipes to the rescue! I tweaked one a bit and then I was good to go. They were still soft and the cardamom I added gave them the right amount of umph. Topped them off with some chocolate frosting and a white chocolate symbol for some of the Game of Thrones house flags.
 
The viewing party was topped off by the lovely hosts dressing as wildlings and experimenting with dry ice to make a White Walker drink. Also there was cheese, a ton of cheese :)
 
Eggless Sugar Cookies:
makes about 24
 
1/2 cup butter; room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
3 tbs milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
2 tsp baking powder
 
1   preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2   beat butter until light and fluffy then beat in sugar
3   beat in vanilla, almond extract and milk
4   slowly mix in flour, salt, cardamom, and baking powder- don't over mix
5   flour a large parchment paper surface and roll out the dough to be about 1/4" thick
6   cut out desired shapes and place on cookie sheet, gather dough roll out and repeat until there isn't any dough left
7   bake for 7-10 minutes, the tops should be a light golden brown
8   set aside and let cool
 
3/4 cup butter; room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 tbs milk

1   beat butter until light and fluffy
2   slowly beat in powdered sugar and cocoa powder
3   beat in vanilla and milk until it is a good spreadable consistency
4   ice the cookies and top with sprinkles or some Game of Thrones white chocolate flag symbols :)


1 comment:

  1. Yum, those look good! I haven't seen Game of Thrones yet. I feel like I'm out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete