5.09.2016

Cold Brew Fresh Mint Coffee

 
It has been a month full of random hot spots. I'm not an iced coffee lover but lately hot coffee has sounded dreadful. I found this great recipe for a cold brew drink that I'm loving, plus it's super simple. I've also been loving the plants that were given to us. A friend moved across the country and bestowed us with her plants, I love big plants especially free big plants!

you need cold brew, you can make it but I was lazy and just bought a jug of cold brew coffee.

1   make ahead
make coffee ice cubes by pouring 2/3 cold brew and 1/3 almond milk or regular milk into each ice cube slot


2   & also make ahead
   Fresh mint syrup:

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 big handful of mint
1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste

1   in a small saucepan add water, sugar and mint
2   stir until all the sugar is melted, bring to a boil, let boil 1-2 minutes
3   remove from heat, stir in vanilla
4   store in jar and place in fridge overnight so the mint flavor seeps into all the syrup


3   for cold brew fresh mint coffee:

1   pour about 8oz of cold brew into cup, put in 2 1/2 tbs mint syrup, add in about 3 tbs of heavy cream or milk, add in a few coffee ice cubes, put in a straw & done



1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I need my parents to send me mint and vanilla bean paste because this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete