8.16.2017

Fjord views



The Geiranger-Trollstigen Road also had a really great view down into the Geiranger Fjord. We could see the 7 sisters waterfall and of course the platform to view it on was also stunning. The waterfall was incorporated into the platform and gushed over a glass plate spilling back into the fjord.

There were also tons of strawberry fields bursting as we drove so we stopped, more than once, to get a basket of them. They were killer!


Since we didn't get to boat in the fjords Joshua wanted to do a fjord hike. After we made our way down the windy twisty road we had a beer and pastry in a town along the water and then drove to a trailhead. I said I was up for said hike, turns out I was not. It was hot and straight up, Norwegians have something against switchbacks. We finally made it out of the trees and I look up to see another mountain we have to climb and it's all rocks. While I enjoyed the rock hopping on Kykja at this particular moment I was not up for it. Apparently I said all I wanted to do was go swimming with such pain in my voice that days later Joshua was bringing up how it broke his heart. I rallied a bit though and up the mountain we went. As hiking is, once we started I was fine. We made it over the top and the whole area opened up to layers of fjords, and clouds, and islands. It was a really beautiful view and very worth the effort. Also we were up there alone again which is always magical.



The bonus was since I was such a trooper ;) we had burgers that night along the water and then we got soft is (soft serve ice cream) dipped in mini meringues. I would like to note mini meringues is the world's best ice cream topping ever.


That night, after sadly driving 20 miles in the incorrect direction, we found a campsite covered in creepy troll statues to set up camp and shower. After this day we decided to take our trip a bit slower :)


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha those trolls are pretty creepy! I'd complain so much if I had to hike. I'm so out of shape. Meringue sounds like such an interesting ice cream topping.

    ReplyDelete