7.28.2014

I'm in a German Magazine!

Awhile ago a German Magazine Sweet Dreams (dessert magazine) emailed asking if they could print my Grapefruit Curd Meringue Tart in their spring magazine. Uh YES! Fast forward to now and I finally got a copy in the mail proving they published it!


It's a beautiful magazine and I'm beyond flattered that they used my photo (editing out the wood background from a clear glass dish = kudos to whomever took that on) and recipe (I'm certain of it because I google translated the whole thing)

 
This is what the little medallion by my photo says:

Grapefruit Meringue Tart
successful trio of meringue roses and citrus zests crowns the fruity naschverngnugen* (nibble-pleasure or pleasant to nibble)

 *I couldn't find a translation for naschverngnugen so I asked a coworker that I knew spoke German, but had never really spoken to. He is shy and got a little red when he tried to find an American word meaning "nibble-pleasure." I found it quite fun :)

Also I was excited to see they rated it was :
involvement/difficulty: moderate

and it was the second most difficult one on the page, which I'm really proud of because that means it's a complex recipe that includes technique. I'm even more proud because I didn't follow a prescribed recipe for this dessert but came up with a lot of it and put the combo of flavors together on my own. Which makes this an even bigger deal to me.

 
Thanks to all of you for the support and encouragement you give me in pursuing baking. Your love got me to here and I couldn't be more thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment