11.23.2011

Tapas

Have you ever had tapas? They are "small plates" usually a Spain restaurant type of thing.
You order lots of small plates of different things that make up your meal.
Joshua and I went when he visited me in Boston and we've loved them ever since. I love that you can sample a bunch of different things and not have to feel bad if you don't like it.

Hubs was still feeling sick Monday but he wanted to do something so I thought I'd make our own "going out to eat" experience. So I made tapas! They were a lot simpler than I thought.
I made glazed carrots, bacon-wrapped dates, and brie & parsley stuffed mushrooms.
We drank some red wine and snuggled while watching Alias. I think he was satisfied :)

We're going to Portland tonight! I can't wait. We've wanted to go but don't have vacation days and since we can't afford to fly home we're taking the holiday as a mini vacation. They have a little micro-brewery district, and no sales tax- yay for black friday shopping, and we're staying in a really cute hotel with a bar/restaurant lodge attached. Can't wait to see where we wind up for Thanksgiving dinner - as long as I can find stuffing somewhere in Portland I'll be happy!

3 comments:

  1. hi from Rouge & Whimsy and welcome to Seattle! sorry 'bout the rain today but yay for Portland!! my hubs & i recently went down there for a getaway. you NEED to go to powell's books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definatley going there! We're excited can't wait to explore all the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Happy Thanksgiving to you guys. Oh and yum, I love tapas. =)

    ReplyDelete