1.17.2013

Homeade Hummus, 2 ways

I like hummus, but now I love it because when you make it yourself you can add in extra olives or make a batch with absolutely anything I want.
Plus I swear it tastes better because I made it from scratch ;)

But did you know Tahini is stocked by the peanut butter? I looked in 3 stores by the spices and finally realized I didn't really know what it was- it's ground sesame seeds into a paste. Who knew?

Artichoke Heart Hummus:

1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
1 can artichoke hearts
2 tbsp tahini
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice

1   throw it all into a food processor, blend it all together- HUMMUS




Kalamata Olives:

1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
10-15 kalamata olives
2 tbsp tahini
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice

1   throw it all into a food processor, blend it all together- HUMMUS

see how easy flavor variety is- so exciting!

1 comment:

  1. I love making hummus!!! We made homemade falafel a few months ago! It was amazing!! Try it with a homemade cucumber sauce-it will blow your mind. This looks great

    ReplyDelete