1.16.2013

I went there- Kale Smoothie

I know I know EEEWWWW.
But I had some leftover kale so I thought I'd be all Northwesty and give it a try for breakfast one morning.
Turning on the blender in the morning made me feel like a go-getter- in movies and such all the athletes and pretty people always make shakes after working our and such, I channeled them to get past the fact that I was going to drink a smoothie with kale in it.


It actually turned out really good. Also liked that I could drink my breakfast while getting ready for work. Smoothies always put me off, they use so much fruit for so little yeild and I just don't understand. But this one, I can get behind. I like that is uses only frozen fruit which is much easier to have on hand.

 I may even take a cue from my friend Jessica who always used to make a batch of them and freeze them. By the time she got to school they were ready to drink. She always swore it was so so easy and for the first time I believe her.

so here it is a kale berry smoothie for 1

1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 banana (I used a frozen one)
1/2 cup frozen berries (I used blueberries)
1/2 cup kale
1 tbs ground flax seed (optional)

1   throw it all in a blender and blend it!
then be afraid to try it because it has kale in it but drink it anyway and actually truly enjoy it

ah 1 step another reason I'm now on the smoothie for breakfast train, easier than instant oatmeal.

Still can't believe how much I loved this, and no you can't really taste the kale, but you get all it's benefits :)
Also much less likely to buy a vanilla latte in the morning because I already drank something

my eyes are opened world

No comments:

Post a Comment