6.05.2015

Fresh Mint & White Chocolate Cookies

 
 
I know I know it's National Donut day but sorry this is what I've got :)

For my birthday some lovely friends gifted me with a bouquet of herbs from their garden, I know perfect gift idea isn't it! A large portion of it was mint & I love fresh mint. Grocery store fresh mint isn't the same variety that backyard mints usually are. This mint was strong, had a clean flavor, and smelled like summer.

 
Normally I'd make ice cream with it, favorite flavor, but I wanted to try baking with it and these cookies, oh my word these cookies. They are all the good things of a sunny day packed into the perfect chewy cookie with delicious fresh mint bits wafting through them and white chocolate mellowing it all out. I'm so happy with how my experimenting turned out I made another batch immediately, so I'd have a whole chunk of cookies to myself.


Fresh Mint & White Chocolate Cookies

1 cup butter; room temp
1 cup brown sugar; lightly packed
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup mint; finely chopped


1   in a large bowl beat butter, brown sugar, sugar together 3-5 minutes
2   beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla
3   in another bowl mix flour, salt, and baking soda together, with the mixer on low add the flour mixture and mix until all is incorporated
4   by hand, stir in white chocolate chips & mint. Plop a heaping tbs full of cookie dough onto baking sheet and repeat until all dough is used. Place in fridge for 20 minutes
5   preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake cookies for 10-15 minutes, tops should be lightly golden brown.

I'm right, I promise, you need to make these!

Also you could try these with chocolate chips but I really loved the balance that the white chocolate chips brought, it also made them feel less heavy in my opinion.

2 comments: