4.17.2017

Easter Cake


I had a request for a gluten free cake with bunnies. I was teetering on how to make the bunnies when I stumbled upon these ridiculously cute, high quality, marzipan bunnies. I had to have them! Then I found licorice strips in this happy yellow that screamed "cut me into flowers," and I obeyed. I love the way this cake turned out, and I love that the bunny on top always appears to be looking up at whoever is looking at the cake.

Also I had enough cake left over, I doubled the recipe, to make a one layer cake to bring in to share with my GF coworkers. They are going to love me :)

Gluten-free chocolate cake
from here

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour (I use King Arthur Gluten-free multi-purpose flour)
1 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
2/3 cup canola oil
4 eggs
1 1/3 cups water
2 tsp vanilla bean paste

1   preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 2 - 8" cake pans
2   in a large bowl whisk together eggs, oil and water
3   in another bowl mix sugar, flour, cocoa, powder, salt, xanthan gum
4   beat dry ingredients into egg mixture 1 cup at a time
5   add in vanilla and mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds
6   pour into cake pans and bake 30-35 minutes, toothpick should come out clean

filled the cake with this caramel frosting
iced it in a vanilla rum buttercream
decorated it with white chocolate, marzipan bunnies, and a licorice I cut up to look like flowers



I snuck a duck on the back of the cake


No comments:

Post a Comment