10.08.2013

Hungry Caterpillar Cake

This cake may be my favorite! I sculpted the cakes into pieces of food that the caterpillar eats in the book and then carved out "bites" It held together really well and I just love it!




I've never been to a party where they cut up my cake before so when she took the knife to my apple and cheese I was a little sad. I would have been perfectly happy just looking at it the whole party, but then again it was also really cute to see watermelon on the outside and then the inside as cake.

And somehow in the end I ended up with exactly 1 whole cake left over and exactly enough icing to cover it. I sent it with Joshua to work. Hard to explain how it looks though :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool Mackenzie! Your cake-making and decorating skills are so impressive :)

    ReplyDelete