7.23.2012

No oil no butter Brownies, that still rock


I love, nay adore, brownies. The problem is once I make them I want to eat them ALL myself. I usually make the homeade Hershey's brownie recipe but I really wanted to find something more healthy if possible. When I found this I super curious and they turned out amazing.

Hubs tried them without knowing what was in them and loved them. They are a tad more fluffy and less dense then normal homeade brownies which was also a nice treat. You can't tell that there is anything different in them and when you split them open you can't see any zucchini!

I highly recomend giving this one a try if you want to feel a little less guilty. I was super proud though that I only had 1 and sent the rest to Joshua's work :)


plus zuccini are in season right now!

Zucchini Brownies:
Recipe from Food Plus Words

2 eggs
1 tbs vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
2 cups zucchini; grated (about 2 zuchinni)
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips(optional)

1   preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 pan or cupcake tin
2   in a large bowl mix eggs, vanilla, sugar, applesauce, salt and zucchini
3   in a medium bowl mix together the flour, cocoa, soda, cinnamon
4   add the flour mixture to the wet until just combined
5   stir in the chocolate chips
6   pour into 8x8 pan and bake for 30-40 minutes OR into a cupcake tin about 3/4 full each for about 12-15 minutes

Then after everyone tries them enjoy telling them there is 2 cups of zucchini in them!



strange that these go in the same bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment