7.12.2012

Lavendar Lemondade


While my parents were visiting we went to a lavendar farm and my dad and I tried Lavendar Lemonade, it was okay. The beginning flavor was great but then it became a lavendar punch in the face! I really liked the idea of it but wanted the whole experience of the lemonade to have the more subtle first taste.






So I made some myself and I'm super happy with the result! Super happy! It turned out delicious, tangy with the subtleness of lavendar infused.

Lavendar Lemonade:

5 1/2 cups water
1/4-1/3 cup lavendar buds
4 lemons
1 lime
1/2 cup honey

1   zest all the lemons and the lime
2   squeeze the juice out of all of them into a small bowl
3   put the 5 1/2 cups of water, lavendar buds, and all the zest in a large pot and bring to a boil
4   put the lid partially covering the pot and boil for 5-7 mintues
5   remove from heat and pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer to remove all the zest and lavendar
6   stir in the honey
7   then stir in the lemon and lime juice
8   let cool, tastes best refrigerated

perfect for a nice day, sugar rimmed glasses, and cute straws :)

No comments:

Post a Comment