5.15.2013

Happy Drink

At an organic restaurant near us they have a lot of smoothies and such but they also make a great latte, which is normally why we go. One day though hubs was getting coffee and I wasn't in the mood so I tried something called happy drink. And then I fell in love with it! So I tried to make something similar but with a twist, I'm happy (haha) with the results




Orange Ginger Mango Smoothie:
enough for 2 servings (we do it for breakfast)

1-2 tsp ginger: you can add more or less per your tastebuds
1 orange; peeled and pulled into its slices
1 1/2 cups frozen mangos
1 cup frozen strawberries
2/3 carrot juice
few drops of lime juice
1 tbs chia seeds

1   throw it all in a blender and viola

another great one that I've been making in advance and then freezing in serving sizes is a

Fig Banana Smoothie:

1 frozen banana
3-5 dried figs; soaked in water overnight
1/2 cup milk
1 cup water
1 tbs chia seeds
dash of cinnamon

1   soak chia seeds in water for 15 minutes
2   throw it all in a blender and enjoy


Pomegranate Almond Smoothie:

1 cup pom juice
3/4 cup milk
2-4 ice cubes
1 frozen banana
3 tbs almonds
1 tsp honey

1   throw it all in a blender and enjoy, make sure the almonds are well grinded into small pieces



We just grab a frozen one take it to work and eat it with a spoon. It is alway still totally frozen after my half hour commute. Also since it takes awhile to eat I don't snack up until lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment