10.19.2011

Fig & Honey Scones- Brinner

That's right! We had Brinner the other night and it rocked!
Scones, Turkey Bacon & Milk yummmm!

So this is my 3rd scone recipe. Can you tell I love them yet? You can make them a bunch of different ways, their fast, and I love that Joshua and I can grab them in the morning all week for breakfast. I get really tired of oatmeal and granola bars and these really make a treat!
Fig & Honey Scones:

1 cup flour
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup chopped figs (dried or fresh- I used dried)
1/4 cup honey
Preheat oven 350 degrees F

1   Whisk flour, oats, powder, salt, cinnamon in a bowl.
2   In another bowl mix egg, olive oil, honey
3   Mix wet ingredients into dry, then add figs.
4   This one is a little bit wetter than the other ones I've made which is fixed when you dump flour onto a
     counter and then press it into a 8 inch circle.
5   Then pat some flour on the top of it as well
6   Cut into 8 triangles.
7   I always place it in the fridge for 15 minutes so they don't spread out too much in the oven
8   Drizzle a little honey on top of them, sprinkle with raw sugar
9   Bake 15-20 minutes, until start to brown
 I served them with honey and fig spread on the side- super delicious and no butter in this one!



No comments:

Post a Comment