5.01.2012

A Garden



It was really great to feel like we had a normal person weekend. I love our adventures but in order for Seattle to feel like home the normal has to be there too.
We went to the farmer's market and bought tons of things to plant in our small soil patch, went Mother's Day shopping, had our friend Rachel over and she painted her nails while I gardened and Josh fixed his bike. We spent the afternoon on the porch drinking peach lemonade and listening to music. Then her man came over and we all made pizza and played cards, headed out later for margaritas. Went to chuch on Sunday and then to a cookout with our friends. And had dinner and great conversation with the Aarons's sunday night at a bbq place. Ah it was bliss.

I'm sure my mom will laugh when she sees I'm trying to plant a garden. I don't have a very green thumb but apparently it's not very hard to grow things out here- we'll see.
I planted arugula, chives, walla walla sweet onions (state vegetable),
strawberry plant, cilantro, parsley, basil, thyme,
bok choi (most sceptical about this but I thought why not!?)






I really struggle with thinking that I could never live in Cincinnati again. My family is there and my sisters are my best friends. When I get off the phone with my mom I sometimes cry because I don't want to have to hang up- I want to be there. But our friends showed us so much love this weekend that I have hope for our time out here, no matter how long or short that ends up being. We don't feel alone or without support which has allowed us to feel normal. And it was excellent! Plus our friends told us last night that we fit in well with Seattle- It made us happy :)

2 comments:

  1. it must be hard to be so far from family and friends but I'm glad that you're finding seattle welcoming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We are really loving discovering all Seattle has! It is really a great place to live

      Delete