2.18.2013

My Valentine

We had an adventure date for our valentine's day. We headed to Ballard to go climbing and then went to a small tapas bar for dinner. We got sweaty, climbed until our arms wanted to fall off and then ate yam fries with a side of mac and chees, ha. A success!

Also our work had a baking competition for Valentine's Day and I won! I was so so exctied! I made Champagne cupcakes with blood orange frosting. And now we get to go on the VIP ferris wheel car and drink champagne. I'm so stoked!




I got Joshua a mortar & pestle so that he can help
me while I'm baking things. He tried it out with
a cinnamon stick and loved it


Hubs got me a climbing belt so we can start trying
out top rope climbing :)
The champagne cake was the same as this one, but I added zest from the blood oranges in and no food coloring

Blood Orange Frosting:

3/4 cup butter; room temp
1 tsp vanilla
2-21/2 cups powdered sugar
5-8 tbs blood orange juice; fresh squeezed

1   beat the butter until it is light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes
2   beat in the vanilla
3   slowly add in the powdered sugar, mixing on medium-low, 1/2 cup at a time
     add 2 cups and save the other 1/2 cup for if you end up putting in too
     much juice
4    add in the juice 1 tbs at a time, once it is a consistency you like you can
      start frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment