7.14.2011

Apartment things

Some things in our apartment have already begun to mean a lot to us. We posted overall photos on facebook but these are some pieces in our place that have made it feel like it's just ours and that it's special

The chalkboard cloth thing has Washington painted on it. We love that we can write a note on it whenever, the chalk is attached. But also it's a cool place to write down where we want to explore.
It feels like we're living life because parts of it and the things we want to do are displayed for us every day 





This is a library catalogish furniture piece that we were dying to buy with our target gift cards, thank you to all who contributed. We love that we can store everything in it so that nothing is just lying around. I love to organize so it makes me happy. Also it's so fun to have the little labels. We feel like it fits our personalities.
Also on top of it is a cloiter wood cut out that my grandparents made us. We have another wood box from them that sits below it.
We love having things that our friends and family made surround us and because we have so many awesome people that care about us we have stuff like that everywhere.

The stuff on the left sits on our kitchen counter. The recipe box is full of recipes from my friends at home that they made and gave to me at my bachelorette party, the bottles that look like a bottle are from my sister because she knows I collect them. I love that I can think of her when I see that. And the flour and sugar holder is from my Aunt Florence who is not passed away. Finally the cow creamer :) is from people at my new job here in Seattle. They threw me a shower before I left and it reminds us that there are people here in Seattle who already care about us.

And the final picture on the left is by our bookshelf. The poster is something I made for Joshua for our wedding. It is a poster composed of iconographic images of our relationship and how we came to be together. I can't help but smile when I see it. We have done and been to so many places together and Seattle is just another one. We can't wait to see what else we can add to what we've done together and this is a constant reminder of that to us.
Also the whiskey tray just makes us feel classy. One bottle is from our friend Zac Nelson, I found a sweet decantur at the thrift store here for $4, and the clay turquoise piece is from one of my best friend Jessica Griese's. She actually designed and created it. It means so much to Joshua and I that she gave this to us and we cherish it deeply.

So that's it, that's our little place. We had a cookout with our neighbors over the 4th of July and we've shared baked goods with them so we're excited to keep hanging out with them.
They are really great and our neighbor's 2 cats wander around which we like to pretend are our pets since we don't have any. We live within walking distance to a beautiful lake with a trail around it. We feel truly blessed everyday that God has brought us here and we are continually amazed at how he provides for us! We've been going to a church and next weekend they are having a cookout, Josh actually works with a few of the people that go there and I had lunch with a girl from Epic Life this week. Our desire for friendship in Seattle is being heard by God and we can't wait to meet more!
Plus go US women's soccer!! We're skipping church to watch it Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment