3.06.2013

White Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies

Truthfulness, Realness, Sincerity are all things I want to remain true to on here. I know everyone says that but I think most people mean it. I want to remain myself. Convey the truthfulness of our lives. I don't think everyone needs to know everything and some things are witheld because they are private or merit individual conversations.
  But I also don't want to be insincere. In general I'm a pretty bubbly person. Joshua can attest that I can be annoyingly positive at times, and most things make me laugh. My dad has commented that every text I send him has haha in it, and that's probably because I was actually giggling. I don't want our life to come of as sunshine and blessings, but sometimes it is that too. Right now life has been more introverted more one on one and reflective. We're feeling ready to burst out into spring but also want to take with us all we've thought about, cried over, and fought about to bring with us as we emerge.
  Everything I bake doesn't turn out perfect, heck I made Joshua's Birthday cake frosting twice. Our hikes aren't all waterfalls and smiles, we sweat a lot. But what I mostly reflect upon in most of those instances is the beauty, that we made it to the top, or that people thought to invite us somewhere at all. I hope you feel my sincerity and know that even when it all seems so nice we're still not trying to be perfect, nor could we attain it even if we were. I'm just holding onto and remembering our blessings and what makes everything worth it. And some of the harder stuff is just held up in my notebooks, prayers and conversations that has yet to manifest itself into something I can explain or pursue.

onto a lighter note- these cookies make it worth it :)




I made a batch of cookies to send with Joshua to work so I only ate 2, but they were great. The cappuccino flavor came through really lightly and mixed with the light sweetness of white chocolate in a way that works really well together. Apparently they didn't last long at work either.


White Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies:
adapted from Joy the Baker


1 cup butter; room temp
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 yolk
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 tbs espresso powder
3/4 cup white chocolate chips

1   in a small bowl mix together flour, soda, salt and espresso powder
2   in a large bowl beat butter until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes
3   beat in sugars well
4   beat in egg + yolk 1 at a time
5   beat in vanilla
6   add in 1/2 flour mixture, mix on low, add in other half, mix until just incorporated
7   fold in white chocolate chips
8   cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge for about 30 minutes
9   preheat oven 350 degrees F
10 scoop dough onto cookie sheet and bake fot 12-15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment