6.27.2013

Garden Pea Pesto Pasta

yes- I'm wearing overalls, I've been dying for it to be acceptable
to wear them again (since like middle school)
I decided recently the time is now :)
 
 
I've been struggling on what to do with some of the veggies from my garden because I always forget they're there until I need to use them all at once. So I threw together a recipe so I wouldn't have to waste any of my crops :)
 
And it was a yummy solution!
 
Garden Pea Pesto Pasta:
 
1 cup peas
handful of mint
3/4 cup basil
2 cloves garlic
juice from 1/2 a lemon
2-3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
2 tbs olive oil 
salt & pepper to taste
box o noodles
handful of lettuce
handful of snap peas
 
1   in a food processor grind up the peas, mint, basil, garlic, lemon juice, cheese,
     olive oil, and salt and pepper
2   in a large bowl of salted boiling water cook the noodles
     (I used linguine because it's all I had but I'd suggest a smaller noodle)
3   dump noodles into a colander and run cold water over them to stop cool them off
4   toss in a serving bowl with pea pesto
5   top with handfuls of fresh lettuce and snap peas, finish of with a few good grinds
     of pepper and squeeze of the other half of a lemon
 
 
 



Also very random but my freckles are getting darker and it makes me happy. Joshua said he used to think freckles were ugly, but when he met me he said I changed his mind. :)
I've always loved them and I'm excited Seattle has been sunny enough to make them come out more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment