9.06.2013

Mini life Goal

I've always wanted to learn how to knit.
I've tried to learn multiple times and always given up in frustration.
This time I went to the yarn store and bought a nice skein of yarn to motivate myself
I removed the packaging so I couldn't take it back, I had to learn
So I started practicing on some cheap yarn and watched videos
I failed at getting it started a dozen times and then all the sudden one worked
and then another one and then I went on doing it until 2am that night
I did it!!! I learned to knit





And to solidify that goal I took it on the bus the next day and knit on the bus!
Not sure why but I wanted to do that almost more than I wanted to learn how to knit.
I've always thought people looked so cool, so even though I keep missing stitches
here and there I feel super cool on the bus :)


Have to practice more before I'm ready for the nice yarn, but I'm so excited
(Eeee! one of the many strange noises I made when I finally got the hang of it)


Also below is Hilary our newest plant (she's a venus fly trap)
I tried to feed her an ant and she wouldn't go for it, but eventually I will catch her in the act!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way. I get frustrated too easily and give up. Which is why I love your watercolor idea!

    Also, that's amazing you have a venus fly trap. There is a flower store I pass on the way to work and they sell them and I always want to stop and get one. I'd probably name it Mario or something because they remind me of those plants that come out of the tubes in the game.

    ReplyDelete