10.12.2015

Halloween Birthday Cake

 
An old coworker asked me to make her son's birthday cake. He was having a Halloween themed party and he was dressing as a skeleton. Her only request was that the monsters had smiles :)

I had so much fun with this cake. I've never decorated with royal frosting before and it actually turned out to be much much easier than I anticipated. The smooth quality they take on makes their little costumes pop more than if I'd done them in buttercream. Also the birthday boy was able to identify all the cosumes, he's 3, so I found that to be a win.

I just love their little costumes and the drippy chocolate happy birthday!!

 
 
I also had a bunch of black and orange frosting left over so since the Bengals beat the Seahawks Sunday I just had to use the extra to make a treat for work :)




No comments:

Post a Comment