5.20.2016

White Chocolate Cake with Rosewater Frosting


This cake was phenomenal. Initially I planned on making cupcakes but realized I was out of little cupcake wrappers, so cake it was. Turned out to be a happy accident because I even pushed off frosting it until that morning before I went to work and so I just ran off instinct decorating it and I love how simple it turned out. I also lucked out that the Putnam's tree was still flowering so I could place them around the cake.


The white chocolate cake was dense but somehow really light and fluffy. I know that sounds crazy but multiple people said the same thing. The flavor was subtle and just melted through your mouth. The rosewater frosting had a little zing to it with some added cream cheese and then I topped it with bee pollen, pistachio pieces, and white chocolate chips. I would totally make this again, it would be great for a baby or wedding shower, so pretty!

White Chocolate Cake:
10 oz white chocolate
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups whole milk
2 tbs vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup sugar
8 tbs butter; room temp
4 eggs

1 preheat oven 350 degrees F. Place parchment paper on the bottom of 2 - 9" cake pans and flour them
2   in a double broiler melt white chocolate and then set aside and let cool
3   beat butter until light and fluffy and then beat in sugar, beat in the eggs 1 at a time
4   drizzle in the white chocolate and mix
5   in another bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt
6   in another bowl combine milk and vanilla
7   slowly mix in 1/2 of the flour mixture, 1/2 of the milk mixture and repeat, don't overmix
8   pour 1/2 of each mixture into the cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean

 Rosewater Frosting:
1 cup butter; room temp
4 oz cream cheese; room temp
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp rosewater
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2-3 tbs milk

1   beat butter and cream cheese together, then slowly beat in powdered sugar
2   beat in rosewater and vanilla paste
3   beat in 2 tbs milk, and if the consistency is still too thick mix in another tbs of milk


1 comment:

  1. You did it again with your amazing baking skills!

    ReplyDelete