1.10.2018

Roasted Red Pepper Cashew Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower

I love cauliflower but always seem to let it go bad before I get to it. This weekend I was determined, so I roasted 2 heads of cauliflower and then had to debate what to do with it. This pasta turned out to be a very excellent and easy choice. It makes the dish about half pasta half cauliflower so you feel like you're getting to eat a giant bowl of pasta even though it's actually half veggies.

The sauce recipe also makes a ton so I was able to freeze half of it and I'll pull it out when I need something to do with that head of cauliflower I bought with no plan.

Roasted Cauliflower:
2 heads cauliflower; torn into florets
2 tbs coconut oil
pinch of salt and pepper

For Sauce:
4 red peppers; roasted, skinned and cut
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 jar tomato sauce
1 lb pasta
cilantro and cheese for garnish, if desired

1   preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spread cauliflower evenly over a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Roast until brown, about 30 minutes
2   in a food processor blend cashews until it is a cashew butter, blend in roasted red peppers, water, and salt
3   bring large pot of water to boil, for the pasta
4   in a medium saucepan add the cashew pepper sauce to the jar of pasta sauce and heat
5   cook the pasta as directed
6   toss the cauliflower, pasta, and half of the sauce together in a bowl. Top with cilantro and cheese
7   reserve the other half the pasta sauce for another use

No comments:

Post a Comment