5.31.2018

30th birthday


We celebrated my 30th birthday last Friday with some good friends at a local brewery. We had giant pizzas, balloons, cake, and pitchers. My goal was to stay out until at least midnight, when it would then be my real birthday, and we made until 1:30am! That is by far the latest we've been up since Roslyn arrived. She slept in a carrier on Josh most of the night and she behaved better than we could have imagined. Joshua got to give her a bottle for the first time and she was changed on a bar bathroom floor (we brought a mat don't worry). It was a big day for her too :)

The cake was a fresh mint cake that makes the inside a natural green which is so pretty and a fun surprise and then I made a mascarpone-ginger filling and finished it off with a light frosting of vanilla buttercream, chocolate mushrooms, bee pollen, and edible flowers.

Very excited for this next decade. My 20's were better than I could have imagined. I hear people say they love their 30's even more though so I can't wait to see where it takes me. 




1 comment:

  1. Aw that's so cute that she was able to spend the whole day with you. That cake is gorgeous. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete