11.29.2018

Lake Tahoe Wedding

photo by Jenny Renn
Our trip had a loose path/schedule we were following and one of the major events was getting to Lake Tahoe for Joshua's college friend's wedding. He was marrying a fabulous woman we'd gotten to meet a few times and we were excited to show his college friend's our baby and to celebrate. The wedding was happening at a house on the water at Lake Tahoe and our friend's had rented a tiny house nearby where we parked our van and slept. 

It was a whirlwind of a weekend full of so many happy things. When we arrived I had to get to making their cake so Joshua took Roslyn, strapped her on, and started helping set up for the wedding. Then we had to head out so the rehearsal dinner could be made in the kitchen so I put my cakes in the fridge, headed to the tiny house to meet up with our other friends, then back to the house to finish the cake. Duties all complete we jumped in the lake, ate leftover food, laughed with all their lovely welcoming amazing friends, and hung around the house til about 1am. 



Next day was the wedding! We hadn't brought any nice clothes on our trip so Joshua grabbed a tie in Cincy and I got myself a dress. Roslyn's little outfit only had a dot of poop on the inside that wouldn't wash out so we were all good to go!

The wedding was beautiful until Roslyn made some majorly loud poops right before the vows. I mean loud, the whole row in front of us turned around in disbelief and started giggling. Then she pooped even more! I got up to change her only to realize we didn't have any diapers at the house with us, so I put a paper towel under her and stood on the balcony to watch the rest of the ceremony. Luckily Andy's sister had a  baby only a bit older than Roslyn and they gave us diapers for the night. 

The rest of the night was magical! We watermelon gazpacho, melon wrapped prosciutto, and so much more. We danced all night and Roslyn was a trooper. As the night wore on we added her baby headphones and she conked out to all our dance moves. This girl is always good when it counts. She didn't cry all night. 



It was also really special to watch Andy & Lauren cut the cake that I made for them. It was horchata with a chili chocolate ganache. It is now one of my favorite cakes and I loved watching them dig into it and enjoy it. I really love when people want me to bake for them, I am a show your love with action kinda girl and deeply appreciate them asking me to participate in this way. As for the rest of the guest Lauren made a mountain of chocolate chip cookies that I ate my weight in.


It was a great trip and an amazing reason to get to see some amazing friends. It was hard to leave, we're loving being alone and introverted but this was a great change of pace.






No comments:

Post a Comment