8.06.2011

Chocolate Caramel Pocket Cookies, Black & White Cupcakes, Caprese, Dimply Plum Cake

I love to cook, more specifically I love baking. I made a chocolate hazelnut cake and then Josh had to tell me I was banned from baking until we made friends we could give it to (he's right, the 2 of us should not eat a whole cake alone!) So I've started to have more fun with our dinners. I think we eat pizza 2 nights a week but we put on kalamata olives, roma tomatoes, pesto, fresh mozzarella, basil, prosciutto and such- they look fancy.

1      chocolate caramel pocket cookies
Josh took these to work, they were a hit

2      pizza! with Trader Joe's pizza dough
3      black and white cupcakes- always been a crowd favorite, I like to make them in mini cupcake pans too because then they are bite size! 
4      Polenta, green beans, onions, asiago cheese crisps- so easy to make
put a little butter in a sauce pan and melt.
Then sprinkle grated asiago cheese in a circle
Let cook until it browns and flip to other side.
Then take out and place on plate to cool and harden (30 seconds)
You can also drape it over the bottom of a bowl so it dries in a shape!!!!
5     caprese, favorite snack
slice up 2-3 roma tomatoes (or regular one's I'm biased to roma)
slice mozzarella approximately 1/4" slices
either lay them to look like finger food seperate snacks or lay them tomato, mozzarella, basil, ....
Then drizzle evoo (extra virgin olive oil) over it and add a little salt & pepper
6      dimply plum cake- we couldn't decide which type of plum so we bought 3. This was really tasty and it is a coffee cake so we took it for breakfast all week. AH seriously so good. As we were walking to the store to buy plums so I could make it Joshua informed me it is one of his favorite fruits. So then we exchanged childhood stories about how we ate messy plums and such. We really liked this one, will make again!
Mallorie gave me this apron for one of my bridal showers. I frequently wear it when baking because I'm definitively one of those messy bakers! Drives Josh crazy because he hates crumbs :) I Always clean up though!!

1 comment:

  1. I mean you could bake cakes and send them to me!

    ReplyDelete