8.12.2011

Sharing



I read on someone elses blog recently that it's hard to be honest in a blog and that most people aren't real. I agree and it is really hard to do that I think. You only take pictures of the good stuff or you just set it up to look good. I didn't start this to make Joshua and I look perfect or to become some great blogger. I thought my family might like looking at our pictures and feel a little bit closer to us and like they weren't left out of our lives being so far away. But in all actuality it has become that for me. I feel closer to family and friends doing this. I feel like I am still sharing my life with them and that Joshua and I aren't alone. We miss everyone in Cincinnati a lot. We know God has a plan for us out here and that we need this so we can create a strong family with the two of us. We are happy, but it is hard. We don't just go on picnics and smile. We fight, we're selfish, we shower every 3ish days and wear sweats as soon as we get home. I don't want anyone to think we live in some cute bubble. I'm not trying to portray that here. We just got married so a lot of stuff does feel perfect and joyful to us and we're in a new place where everything is an adventure right now. So the cute bubble feels real sometimes right now but I don't want it to seem as if I'm portraying that we are perfect. I think the blogger was right. I think it is hard to be real, but I will not make this about looking like Joshua and I have a perfect life or marriage, I don't want this to be in any way a place to boast but a place to share.

James 1:16-18 16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

No comments:

Post a Comment