9.11.2012

So much baking weekend

This weekend we played it cool:
went to a co-worker's baby shower,
Enjoyed the little bits of sunshine by walking around
the lake Saturday & Sunday with lattes, 

snuggled on the couch to movies and a new favorite drink of ours:
 (gin, clementine sparkling juice, sqeeze of lemon, topped off with a few berries dropped in)

made vietnamese coffee ice cream

slowly walked through the farmer's market picking up goodies here and there,
 cleaning the apartment,

making a canopy- hubs calls it a mobile, for over our bed,

and doing lots and lots and lots of baking.

For the baby shower I was in charge of providing the treats. I made Nutella stuffed brioche buns (I had to make 2 batches because I can't count! SO now I have oodles of dough, bummer I'll have to make us some cinnamon rolls :)  &  chocolate caramel cupcakes
it took all morning but it was so worth it the baby shower was so special.


Nutella stuffed Brioche buns:

Brioche dough: recipe from Flour
4 1/2 cups flour
3 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1/3 cup + 1 tbs sugar
1 tbs salt
5 eggs +1 for brushing on dough
1 cup + 6 tbs butter, room temp, cut into tbs
nutella

1   fit mixer with dough hook
2   mix flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water, the 5 eggs, beat on low for 2-3 minutes
3   scrape down the sides, then beat for another 2-3 minutes
4   on low add the butter in 1 piece at a time until it is incorporated fully into the dough
5   scrape down the sides and then mix for another 10 mintues
6   once it is all incorporated, turn up the speed to medium, and beat another 15 minutes
7   once it starts to slap in the bowl turn it up to medium-high for 1 minute
8   spray olive oil in a bowl and place the dough inside and cover with
     plastic wrap, with plastic wrap touching the dough, place in refrigerator-
     for 6 hours or overnight
9   pull out of refrigerator and roll out dough into 1 1/2" diameter balls
10 then smash each one flat with your hands and plop a nice size tablespoon of nutella in the center
11 then fold up the dough on all 4 sides and pinch them together
12 drop each stuffed ball into a greased muffin tin slot
13 bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top, don't burn the bottoms
14 let cool completly before you store them.

I made cupcakes based off of this cake recipe I made, except I used This cake recipe because she's pregnant (so no espresso)

I also made more loaves of this heavenly wheat bread to make our sandwiches out of this week!



Even though I tore through our kitchen this weekend I have to admit the thought of those cinnamon rolls is going to pull me back in here soon. Ah baking, I do love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment