5.28.2013

25th Birthday Party


On Friday night the hubs threw me a 25th birthday party. My birthday is always over Memorial Day weekend and people can never come celebrate because it's a 3 day weekend, so I felt very blessed that so many people showed up to help celebrate me getting a little older.


We made Rhubarb Sangria which was very tasty. Recipe at the end of this post.
And of course I love stripey straws, they make me feel fancy.
Hubs made me a lavendar cake with honey frosting and it was devine. He did an amazing job, he baked and made the icing while I got to ice it. Because let's be honest it's more of a treat for me to get to ice it than to watch him.


We grilled out sausages and veggie skeweres and had my favorite mac & cheese recipe along with a ton of fruit with some greek yogurt dip.


I had a really great time and it was so fun to celebrate something that I've been nervous about surrounded by such great inspiring friends. It was also fun to wake up the next morning to confetti all over the floor and remember one of our friends shot the confetti gun all over the place. Yes!




Rhubarb Syrup:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 cups rhubarb; sliced
1 tsp vanilla

1   bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10-15 mintues
2   strain out rhubarb and squish any extra juice out of it
3   now you can use it all in the sangria, keep it chilled for up to two weeks and add to juice,
    sparkling water, champagne, or some gin


Rhubarb Sangria:

1 cup red wine
1 bottle dry white wine
all of the rhubarb syrup
juice of 2 limes
2 stalks of rhubarb; sliced
strawberries; sliced

1   mix all ingredients together and let sit in a jug overnight
2   serve with lime wedges and stripey straws

1 comment: