9.28.2012

Plum drink syrup

This syrup turned the most delicious looking red as it cooked which surprised me because the inside of teh plums are green, the skins came through though.


Once I dipped my finger in the finished syrup I had to restrain myself from taking a swig of it, ah it was amazing!

Plum Syrup Recipe:

8 plums; pit removed and cut into wedges
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup water

1   in a saucepan add sugar and water and heat until sugar is melted
2   bring to a boil
3   add in the plums
4   let simmer for 8-10 minutes
5   strain out the plum pulp
6   the refrigerate until cold


Plum Drink:

1   in a small glass add 2 cubes of ice; crushed
2   a squeeze of lime
3   and a 1 to 1 ratio of gin to plum syrup
4   and top it off with some plum slices and a lime





it would also be good with a dash of it in lemonade, over pancakes and much more

No comments:

Post a Comment