4.30.2013

Quinoa Chocolate Protein Bars + weekend

Since I'm far to lazy to measure out my quinoa before I cook it I always make way too much. Saving it is fine but it starts to stick together if you don't have enough veggies or sauce to store it with so one night I decided to find a better use for the extras. They turned out quite tasty and quite good for you.




I decided to try and make them into bars so I started googling and found out that was a thing.
So here they are:

1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup almonds; roughly chopped
1/3 cup flax seeds
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil; melted
1/3 cup honey
3 tbs cocoa powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

1    in a bowl mix together quinoa, oats, almonds, flax seed and salt
2    stir in the coconut oil and honey
3    then fold in the chocolate chips and cocoa powder
4    cut parchment paper to cover the bottom of an 8x8 dish with a decent amount overhanging the edges
5    lightly spray it and then dump in the quinoa mixture
6    spread evenly in dish and cover top with overhanging parchment paper
7    then press down the quinoa mixture firmly
8    place in fridge for a few hours
9    then cut into bars and eat 'em up
can be stored in fridge for up to a week, covered

That's it, quick and easy way to not waste, my inability to measure quinoa, mistakes.



Also this past weekend we had a dinner date of face size pizza slices and olives :) Joshua is still on an olive kick from Turkey. Then we headed to a small place and went dancing. I love love dates with this man!



 He also cooked up some tasty carne asada this weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment